1. Press and hold the "Go" button on the printer for five seconds. A configuration page listing the LaserJet's current IP address will be printed.
2. Open a Web browser on a computer connected to the same network as the HP LaserJet.
3. Type the current IP address of the LaserJet listed on the configuration page into the address bar on your Web browser and press "Enter" to open the HP printer's embedded Web server.
4. Select the "Networking" tab from the HP configuration screen.
5. Click "Network Settings" on the left side of the screen.
6. Select the "TCP/IP" tab.
7. Click the drop-down menu under "IP Configuration Method" and select "Manual."
8. Enter a new IP address in the box that appears.
9. Click "Apply" at the bottom of the screen.
10. Wait five minutes or longer for the printer to apply the settings and reset itself. Press and hold the "Go" button for five seconds to print another configuration page; it should now list the static IP address of the HP LaserJet.